Are You Turning 65 Soon? If so, Happy Birthday!
Is that mailbox is starting to fill up? Is the phone ringing off the wall?
If you are turning 65 years of age in the next few months, well, you are going to receive a LOT of mail and a LOT of calls. Insurance companies and their agents, various groups & plan representatives, and agencies from all over the place are all going to be jockeying for pole position during your initial election period (ICEP) for Medicare. This is the period of time where you have to make some important decisions; some VERY important and some largely irreversible.
We will all want to help. That can be a good thing. It can also make your head explode. LOL
This is where I come in. I am Michael Todd Oldfield, YOUR “Medicare NINJA!”
Why? Why? Why do you receive all this stuff?
Every Medicare beneficiary has to make certain decisions when they turn 65 years old (or begin Medicare), concerning how they intend to pay for their healthcare during their senior years. Part of those plans involve picking Part “C” Medicare Advantage or Medicare supplements and prescription drug plans from insurance companies.
Insurance companies want to sign you up on their plans & their programs early on. So, this means your mail box will just load up in the months leading up to your 65th birthday. What most people tell us is that even though they receive all this stuff, it does not mean that they understand it all. In fact, many people are just confused and scared by all the mail. It’s just too much. One plan says “this”, another says “that”. And they all claim to be the best.
I believe the best source of information is the annual Medicare & You manual from CMS (your official guide to Medicare) which is usually about 156 pages. Trust this manual and the medicare.gov site for all the facts.
Many Medicare beneficiaries also seek a trained, certified, licensed professional to take the time to sit down with them, explain their options, and help them with their enrollment. That’s were we come in.
What Can I Do For You?
- First, I am a Licensed Health & Life Insurance Agent in Kentucky (KY DOI #814418). This means that I have the needed training to understand healthcare and Medicare and I am licensed to explain both to you.
- Second, I am appointed and re-certify each year by companies such as; Humana, Anthem BlueCross/BlueShield, Cigna, United of Omaha, Aetna, Gateway, SilverScripts, and many others. I represent what could be most accurately described as ALL of the most experienced companies in the industry.
Let’s Have a “Time Well Spent Appointment” So That I Can Help You Through This Process
That’s what I call it. If you will allow me to, I will schedule a time for me to come to you; anywhere within the state of Kentucky, and I will teach you everything you need to know to make all the right decisions; based upon your specific needs. This is my commitment to you. If you meet with me;
- I will teach you all you need to know about Medicare and how the various parts work together to protect you. I will teach you what your rights and responsibilities are in regards to this.
- Together, we will use www.medicare.gov to research your physicians, your prescriptions, and your care facilities to approximate an idea as to what your coming year’s healthcare expense shall be. THIS WILL SAVE YOU MONEY!
- Additionally, we will use www.medicare.gov to sort all your options from lowest to most expensive (“net cost to you”) so that we know what your best choice is. THIS WILL SAVE YOU MONEY!
- And lastly, I will enroll you correctly and quickly into the plan that makes the most sense given your unique set of circumstances. THIS WILL SAVE YOU MONEY!
- Finally, I will conduct an Annual Review to make sure your case is being handled as you hoped… we will meet annually to review coming plan years changes, and make sure that your current plan is still the best plan for you. For more information about the annual review process, go HERE!
This is my idea of “time well spent“. If you understand my proposition and would like me to meet with you, please call me, email me, schedule an appointment with me…
I promise to make time for you, if you ask.
The “Medicare NINJA!”
Other helpful pages;
- My Philosophies – “The Five Fingers of Life” (Coming Soon)
- My Professional Profile – Todd Oldfield ;The Medicare “NINJA!”
- Need Enrollment Assistance – www.Enrollment.help
- The Annual Review Process – Medicare Annual Review
- “Time Well Spent Appointment” Guidelines
Real Client Testimonies